Normally, we focus on providing information to the buyers to help them make informed purchasing decisions. Today, we are turning in another direction with our blog and providing our fellow jewelry sales people some advice on getting those add-on sales.
The holiday season has been a good one so far for many retailers, due to lower gas prices and people who are eager to shop, as usual. While Christmas has passed us up already (can you believe it???), there are still ways to keep your sales going strong in the after Christmas sales category. Yes, people are still spending!
Consumers may be returning items and getting something in their place that they like better, or better yet, some people may be looking toward the New Year and gifts that are perfect to start a new year off with.
Here are a few quick tips to increase your add-on sales:
1. Practice Selling with Your Staff
2. Keep a Carefully Selected Stock of Merchandise Near Check-Out
3. Continue the Conversation with the Customer During Repairs or Gift-Wrapping
4. Hold Internal Incentive Competitions for Add-On Sales
5. Always Keep the Next Upcoming Holiday in Mind
6. Get Customers to Consider a Matching Watch, Bracelet, Necklace, etc. For Their Significant Other